Re: How specific must Copyright be?

On 12/06/2019 08:08, Birger Schacht wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I ITP (#929666) a software that lacks a copyright statement. I asked
> upstream to clarify the copyright in the LICENSE file and upstream now
> plans to use
>> Copyright 2018-2019 github.com/containers authors
> as a copyright statement. This seems a bit vague to me, in my experience
> the copyright statement usually refers to persons or legal entities.
> Would a copyright statement like the one above be acceptable in a
> d/copyright file? Is it even legally valid?
>
> cheers,
> Birger

Not sure if this is useful but the Creative commons video says that
anything you create automatically has an 'all rights reserved' copy
right on it,

There is a Debian page on guidelines around this or which licenses are
acceptable for Debian.

I think this is were specific copyright or copyleft licenses are really
useful, as it helps others and avoids confusion.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net