Re: ITP MQTT Explorer

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 02:10:12PM +0200, Thomas Nordquist wrote:
> The application is an open-source Electron app, licensed under cc-by-nd-4.0 and has currently a few thousand users.
Packaging Electron apps conforming to the Debian Policy will probably be
hard.
Also, cc-by-nd-4.0 means it's only suitable for non-free.

> Packaging as deb package is as easy as adding a single line to the package script.
I don't think so.
You need to make a source package to get the package into Debian.

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

> I plan about 4 - 8 feature releases over the course of this year, and I would like to know the process of updating a package.
Prepare an updated source package, seek a sponsor.

--
WBR, wRAR