Re: Packaging both kernel modules and userspace applications

> The debian/rules should install all the files into debian/<foopkg>.

I haven't managed to pull this off yet (I haven't really tried much,
mind you, because I've struggled patching a few other cracks), but I'm
wondering now if attempting this is really a good idea.

For one thing, `man dh_dkms` has this clause:

    IMPORTANT: binary packages using dh_dkms must have a name that
    ends in '-dkms'.

Wouldn't be a little odd to have a .deb suffixed "-dkms" and have it
carry binaries other than DKMS-packaged stuff?

Second, I've been navigating through packages.debian.org for a while,
and other projects always seem to upload kernel modules and utilities
in separate packages.

Third, what would be the architecture of this package? "all" or "any"?
The kernel modules are "all" (because they are just a bunch of files
that get compiled on every new kernel), but the utils are "any"
(because they are compiled C).

Should I not be attempting this in the first place?