Re: Nonlinear git-buildpackage workflow?

Lumin <cdluminate@gmail.com> writes:

> The problem is, if I maintain the two releases in parallel, the
> dch would become a mess when moving the 1.0 release to sid.
> dch will contain duplicated changelog entries (e.g. fixing
> common problems found in both 0.7 and 1.0) and the timeline
> is also screwed up.

Do you know dpkg-mergechangelogs?  I think fixing common problems in the
experimental branch and periodically merging it into the unstable branch
would work out fairly well with its help.  Of course you'd still have to
fix up the version number after the merge.
--
Regards,
Feri