Re: debian/watch file for the ledgersmb package

 On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 1:58 PM Shengjing Zhu <i@zhsj.me> wrote:

> Not about repack, current watch file will download tarball that github

> generated, not the one upstream uploading to github release. Look at

> https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/releases, please be careful

> that there're two kinds of tarball. Don't look at

> https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/tags, which doesn't have asc

  If that were entirely true then where does the, in this case, downloaded file ledgersmb-1.5.21.tar.gz.asc from? I'd always thought that resulted from the GitHub pgpsigurlmangle entry[1], which does point to the 'releases'. And if the final URL is pointed to the 'releases' also, it fails because it can't find the *.asc file as it's looking for the wrong file name and ends up not downloading anything.  That's why it confused me; the form of watch I ended up using at least downloaded files but still failed due to the apparently bad downloaded archive.

> And I think using upstream http release page is much simpler for you.

  I'm inclined to agree and will look at using that site instead.

  Thanks!

Robert James Clay
jame@rocasa.us
[1] https://wiki.debianorg/debian/watch