Re: Fwd: dbab_1.3.2-2_source.changes REJECTED

On Friday, July 20 2018, Tong Sun wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, July 20 2018, Tong Sun wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I sent the following email to Debian FTP Master a while back, but
>> > haven't received anything till now.
>> >
>> > Can somebody else help please, to send me the .dak file for the 'dbab'
>> > package that I maintain?
>>
>> Hello Tong,
>>
>> If you take a look at the wiki page for "Debian Maintainer":
>>
>>   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
>>
>> You will see:
>>
>>   Debian Maintainers (DMs) are people who have a restricted ability to
>>   upload packages to the Debian archive. They can maintain packages
>>   without a sponsor.
>>
>> The key word here is "restricted".  It means you cannot upload new
>> packages to the archive; you can only upload updates to packages that
>> are already present in the archive, as long as you have been given
>> permission for that specific package.
>>
>> Since "dbab" doesn't exist on Debian, you are not allowed to upload it.
>> In order to include the package, you have to go through the usual
>> process of finding putting your package on mentors.debian.net, creating
>> a RFS and finding a sponsor.  Only a DD can upload packages to NEW.
>
> Oh thanks Sergio.
>
> By the time I sent the email to Debian FTP Master, my "dbab" still
> exist on Debian. I.e., --

Sorry Tong, it seems I've made a mistake since the "dbab" package is
indeed part of the archive.

In this case, as Andrey pointed out, you have to be granted permission
to upload it as a DM.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36