Re: Fwd: dbab_1.3.2-2_source.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:

> On Friday, July 20 2018, Tong Sun wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I sent the following email to Debian FTP Master a while back, but
> > haven't received anything till now.
> >
> > Can somebody else help please, to send me the .dak file for the 'dbab'
> > package that I maintain?
>
> Hello Tong,
>
> If you take a look at the wiki page for "Debian Maintainer":
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
>
> You will see:
>
>   Debian Maintainers (DMs) are people who have a restricted ability to
>   upload packages to the Debian archive. They can maintain packages
>   without a sponsor.
>
> The key word here is "restricted".  It means you cannot upload new
> packages to the archive; you can only upload updates to packages that
> are already present in the archive, as long as you have been given
> permission for that specific package.
>
> Since "dbab" doesn't exist on Debian, you are not allowed to upload it.
> In order to include the package, you have to go through the usual
> process of finding putting your package on mentors.debian.net, creating
> a RFS and finding a sponsor.  Only a DD can upload packages to NEW.

Oh thanks Sergio.

By the time I sent the email to Debian FTP Master, my "dbab" still
exist on Debian. I.e., --

When I get the bug=903065 notice,
I fixed it right away.

Since it was in Debian before, do I still have to go through the usual
process of putting it on mentors.debian.net, creating
a RFS and finding a sponsor?

Maybe, but hope not...

Would you like to sponsor me please Sergio?

https://github.com/suntong/dbab