Re: request for sponsor for installer package

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 09:41:33AM -0600, Ben Hildred wrote:
> I am writing a package for the installer to make restoring backups onto
> bare metal easier. This package will add menu entries to the installer
> (when preseeded). It is not ready yet as one of the things I need is menu
> entry numbers. The documentation says not to just pick such numbers but to
> ask on the boot mailing list. Having done so with no response, I am looking
> for someone to guide me through the next steps.
>
> Details on this part of my project are at
> https://github.com/hildred/choose-profile and the readme is fairly detailed
> for use cases.

That README.md says
  This is a set of udebs to add a preseedable men to Debian installer.
  At this stage it is not complete or functional and would only be of
  intrest to colaboraters.

Back to
> The documentation says not to just pick such numbers but to
> ask on the boot mailing list. Having done so with no response,
> I am looking for someone to guide me through the next steps.

You still need the menu entry numbers.

I searched
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2017/06/maillist.html
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2017/06/mail2.html
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2017/07/maillist.html
for posting from Hildred and only found
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2017/06/msg00502.html

Where are the "ask on the boot mailing list. Having done so" postings?

I'm asking for two reasons
 * Which debian-boot posting did I miss?
 * Would it make sense to retransmit or would rewrite better?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Debian Developer
Intrested in sponsoring packages that would make restore from debian-installer easier
Subscribed to both  d-mentors@ldo and d-boot@ldo
--
Leven en laten leven