Built-Using usage question

Hi mentors,

I read the update in policy 4.1.3 and I'm not sure how to handle the
change / clarification of the Built-Using control field for the
syslinux package (which I maintain in the debian-cd team).  I have two
questions:

The syslinux-efi binary package contains parts of the gnu-efi package
due to static linking. I believe that, independent of the license
question, in order to satisfy DFSG §2 (“The program must include source
code, […]”) I need to keep using the Built-Using control field.
Especially since it's conceivable that a new version of gnu-efi breaks
compatibility with some specific efi implementation.  However, on a
technical level, I don't really see the difference between my case and
linking against glibc, which according to the debian-policy bug used to
discuss this change [1] should not use the Built-Using field.

While thinking about the above problem I noticed something else which
brings me to my second question:  Parts of gnu-efi are covered by the
BSD-3-clause license.  In order to satisfy the second clause
(“Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice […]”) do I need to somehow include the debian/copyright file
from gnu-efi in the syslinux-efi binary package?  Or is it sufficient to
ensure that the archive keeps the corresponding source package, which
includes the copyright information, around?

Thank you
Lukas

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/688251