Re: debuild finds no secret key after dist-upgrade

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 07:42:54PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> > Note that making a package and signing it are two separate operations (and
> > you are supposed to run all build commands with -us -uc and run debsign
> > explicitly).
>
> I understand that my signature as sponsored preparer is not of interest
> but rather the signature of the sponsor who uploads my files.
No, I was not talking about that.

> Currently my cheat sheet has as commands for packing up and checking
> after preparing the ./debian files:
>
>   debuild -S
>   debuild -b
So you don't even use a clean chroot?

>   lintian -I -E --color never --show-overrides | less
You forget --pedantic.

> Can you give me a command sequence as replacement for debuild -S,
> which omits the gpg part ?
debuild -S -us -uc (I already told you that).

> > > Policy 5.5 says that ".changes" stems from control, changelog, or rules.
> > > Do i have to edit one of them ?
>
> > No, you need to read dpkg-source(1) about including the orig tarball sig
> > into the source package.
>
> I read about .asc there, but not about .sig.
Sure, it doesn't support .sig

> And the instructions for .asc just say:
>   "Optionally each original tarball  can  be  accompanied  by  a  detached
>    upstream signature"
> No clarification is to see what "accompanied" means in particular.
It means "existing in the same directory".

> Is the requirement for a .sig or .asc new since september 2016 ?
It's not a requirement.
A lintian tag emitted when you provide the upstream signing key but don't
make use of it by also providing the sig to check against it is relatively
new, yes.

--
WBR, wRAR