Re: Exclude files after gpb import-orig

Hi,

On 06/19/2017 06:13 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 06:43:43PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 03:38:24PM +0200, Muri Nicanor wrote:
>>> I've imported a source package into git using gbp import-orig --uscan,
>>> then updated the changelog with gbp dch and then made a lot of changes
>>> (and commited them). Now I added a file to Files-Excluded: in
>>> debian/copyright- but when I run gbp buildpackage, it still generates a
>>> source-package with the file included. I guess i have to somehow run
>>> uscan again, and redo the import-orig?
>> Yes, Files-Excluded: is only used by uscan when generating the orig.tar.
>> Don't forget to change the upstream version when regenerating the tarball.
>
> Also, you don't really need to run uscan (which can be a very annoying
> task if you are on slow network and the tarball is big), you only need
> mk-origtargz(1), which is the tool uscan calls to repack the tarball,
> and you can use the tarball you already have.
> If you haven't pushed anything around, you might be able to roll back
> you changes to were you were before, but it can be difficult and
> "dangerous" (for you safety of the data in the git repo) if you are not
> keen to use git.  I recommend just rebuilding the tarball versioning it
> +dfsg1 (assuming the previous one was "+dgsg" only) and import it again.

Thank you Andrey and Mattia, that worked. For the record, I've added the
files to Files-Excluded, ran mk-origtargz -S +ds1
../usbguard_0.7.0.orig.tar.gz and then ran gbp import-orig
../usbguard_0.7.0+ds1.orig.tar.gz and used 0.7.0+ds1 as upstream-version
(and then updated the d/changelog files accordingly).

cheers,
muri