Re: Exclude files after gpb import-orig

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 06:43:43PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 03:38:24PM +0200, Muri Nicanor wrote:
> > I've imported a source package into git using gbp import-orig --uscan,
> > then updated the changelog with gbp dch and then made a lot of changes
> > (and commited them). Now I added a file to Files-Excluded: in
> > debian/copyright- but when I run gbp buildpackage, it still generates a
> > source-package with the file included. I guess i have to somehow run
> > uscan again, and redo the import-orig?
> Yes, Files-Excluded: is only used by uscan when generating the orig.tar.
> Don't forget to change the upstream version when regenerating the tarball.

Also, you don't really need to run uscan (which can be a very annoying
task if you are on slow network and the tarball is big), you only need
mk-origtargz(1), which is the tool uscan calls to repack the tarball,
and you can use the tarball you already have.
If you haven't pushed anything around, you might be able to roll back
you changes to were you were before, but it can be difficult and
"dangerous" (for you safety of the data in the git repo) if you are not
keen to use git.  I recommend just rebuilding the tarball versioning it
+dfsg1 (assuming the previous one was "+dgsg" only) and import it again.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :