Re: Droping v5 extension to library names

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 08:14:35PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> when libraries were build with gcc 5 'v5' was added to the soversion
> inside the library name.  Should this extension be kept even if there is
> a new soversion.  For instance for the package libbpp-core2v5 which has
> now soversion=3.  Should the new package be named
>
>     libbpp-core3v5
> or
>     libbpp-core3
>
> ?

You can drop it.[1]

Regards,

Rene

[1] gcc 7 will change stuff AGAIN. No idea about what exactly is affected, but
    I've already seen some cases. No idea about the suffix to-be-used then either.
    Will probably be some time to come and hopefully with proper announcement etc.