Re: artifacts in upstream, re: pristine source

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Brian Smith wrote:

> Regarding the "pristine source" requirement (i.e. no build artifacts) in the
> source archive: should the upstream tarball be imported to the upstream
> branch "as is", and the tar command for orig.tar.gz should be configured to
> omit build artifacts? Or should artifacts either be removed from or not
> imported to the upstream branch?

Contact upstream and ask them to remove them from their VCS and source
tarballs and put them into their binary tarballs/packages. If they
refuse, then add Files-Excluded to debian/watch so you have a
mechanism to automatically remove the files from tarballs downloaded
using uscan. It is completely up to you how to structure any
additional Debian VCS repository. Personally I'd import the tarball
after uscan repacks it, since that is what will be uploaded to the
archive.

https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements

--
bye,