Re: Help with systemd to start shiny-server needed

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 05:56:06PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> I think that bash actually forks the shiny server process, hence you should
> use Type=forking instead of Type=simple
>
> That said, instead of letting bash handle the STDOUT of your process to create
> a log file, it may be easier to keep Type=simple and let systemd connect shiny-
> server's stdout to journald. See StandardOutput= option in systemd.exec for
> details

Thanks to you and Christian for the hints.  I basically took over a
systemd file provided by upstream.  I think the problem itself is
deeper.  I tweaked the cmake file to not download pandoc and nodejs and
used the Debian packaged versions.  Unfortunately it does not seem to be
that simple.  When I started shiny-server with strace it is trying to
access pathes that do not exist in the package and there is obviously no
proper error handling.

I need to track this down later - I would not stop any cmake expert to
have a look thought. ;-)

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--