Re: Help with systemd to start shiny-server needed

On Friday, 24 March 2017 16:21:39 CET Andreas Tille wrote:
>   Process: 22239 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c /usr/bin/shiny-server
> --pidfile=/var/run/shiny-server.pid >> /var/log/shiny-server.log 2>&1
> (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

I think that bash actually forks the shiny server process, hence you should
use Type=forking instead of Type=simple

That said, instead of letting bash handle the STDOUT of your process to create
a log file, it may be easier to keep Type=simple and let systemd connect shiny-
server's stdout to journald. See StandardOutput= option in systemd.exec for
details

HTH

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/