Re: Adding a new package to Debian

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Iban Eguia wrote:

> already was a package named `super` in the Debian repositories.
>
> We first thought of changing our package name to something other than
> `super`, but we then noticed that the package had not been updated in more
> than 9 years, and we thought it would make sense to ask if it was possible
> to replace it in Debian by our package.

'super' is not an appropriate package name, for either the package of
your software, nor of any other software; it is far too generic. In
any case you shouldn't hijack the existing package name. Please name
your package super-android-analyzer or superanalyzer or similar.

The same applies to the command-line tool shipped in the package.

BTW, subjective words like 'super' are not suitable for use in package
descriptions.

--
bye,
pabs