Re: New #packaging IRC channel

* Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>, 2016-09-04, 17:40:
Marc Haber <mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> writes:
Not having been on #debian-mentors for a long time, what is the problem with helping people building local packages there, having the chance of giving them skills that can be of use in Debian proper at a later time?

Since you haven't been on the channel for a long time, what is your objection to creating a ‘#packaging’ channel to take the not-for-Debian packaging chatter?

I didn't read what Mark wrote as an objection, but as an honest inquiry.

I'm curious to know others' opinions, too.

--
Jakub Wilk