Re: New #packaging IRC channel

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 09:52:55AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > It sounds like being related to deb packaging only, though.  Unless you want
> > to deal with rpm/portage/etc too.
>
> I wouldn't object to other non-distro packaging being discussed there.

Considering that I keep constantly getting project offers to package
windows software for some windows-based software distribution system
because my Xing profile matches "packaging", I think this channel name
is still a bad idea.

Not having been on #debian-mentors for a long time, what is the
problem with helping people building local packages there, having the
chance of giving them skills that can be of use in Debian proper at a
later time?

Greetings
Marc