Re: create Debian Source from GIT repository without tag

Hello Andrey,

thanks for your prompt reply.

On 15/08/16 16:43, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 04:19:03PM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>> it appears that for one of my pacage, libgap-sage not to mention it [1],
>> the upstream source tarbal does not contain the required material to be not
>> rejected by ftpmaster [2].
> Your link doesn't seem to support that.

The answer from Ben Finney does, given that the upstream source ball
contains only the transformed source files (neither the original nor
the scripts used to transformed them),

https://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2016/08/msg00007.html

>> So I am considering to create a Debian Source from the GIT repository.
>> Unfortunately, the GIT repository contains no tags, so uscan(1) seems
>> not be useful here. I have already submitted a ticket to the upstream
>> maintainer [3], but he seems to be very busy.  Meanwhile, I want to step
>> forward.
>>
>> What is the best way to create a Debian Source from the upstream GIT repository ?
> git archive would be enough, you don't need uscan for that.
> You can't have a debian/watch in this case, of course.

Do you have a example or a wiki in mind ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome