Re: How do you delete a sbuild an sbuild chroot and start over?

Hi,

Quoting Paul Wise (2016-08-03 12:41:28)
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Johannes Schauer wrote:
>
> > The main issue here is, that it is not clear *where* the bug should be filed.
> > Sbuild supports multiple backends. The probably most used one is the schroot
> > backend because that is used by sbuild-createchroot and the default of the
> > CHROOT_MODE configuration variable.
> >
> > Indeed I do remember having had a similar question when I started using sbuild
> > but never got around filing a bug. As far as I know, schroot still doesn't
> > document how to delete a chroot.
>
> Seems to me like sbuild should have an sbuild-deletechroot command
> that should call the relevant tool for the chroot in question and
> schroot should have a corresponding command that would DTRT.

it is unlikely, that there will be a schroot command that does the right thing
because schroot also leaves it up to the user to create the chroot in the first
place. This is also why sbuild-createchroot is doing everything manually
including assembling the right schroot configuration file.

My last attempt at implementing a command that does this was stopped early on
by the question how this tool should best be called:

 - sbuild-deletechroot
 - sbuild-removechroot
 - sbuild-destroychroot

Maybe a native English speaker could tell me the most natural choice for a tool
that does the opposite of what sbuild-createchroot does.

Thanks!

cheers, josch