Upstream releases on GitHub (was: Generating upstream version from git history with uscan)

Mo Zhou <cdluminate@gmail.com> writes:

> (Keep me in CC list please)

Done.

> I'm working on some packages whose upstream (github) doesn't make
> releases. So I need to invent upstream versions, that's OK.

Can you appeal to upstream to make releases? The Upstream Guide
<URL:https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#Releases_and_Versions>
has a section that may help you to convince them.

GitHub has support for users to create releases of their projects
<URL:https://help.github.com/articles/creating-releases/>, along with
release notes and arbitrary files to accompany the release.

So maybe you have a co-operative upstream who will help in this way.

--
 \                  “The shortest distance between two points is under |
  `\                                      construction.” —Noelie Alito |