commit aabbccddXXX
Author: XXX
Date:   Tue Jun 7 09:24:33 2016 +0000
```
And I hope some uscan hacks can automatically generate
such a version string `0~20160607-gaabbccd`.

I read all the uscan examples, and it seems that uscan
works basing on http and ftp only. That is to say uscan
will not scan Git repos so the above demand won't be
satisfied.

Did I miss some uscan feature?
If not, do you folks think this feature proposal should
be filed against uscan?

BTW, the VCS scan provided in DDPO is something similar
to what I want, but I didn't found the scanning script
in the qa repo ...

Thanks in advance.
:-)

--