Re: Google Code and watchfiles

Hi Paul,

thanks for your input!

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> There is probably a way to do it by watching the URLs downloaded by
> the JavaScript using either the network tab of Firefox WebDeveloper or
> the equivalent tools in other browsers and using pagemangle to
> transform the URL containing version numbers and filenames into
> mangled HTML.

I have already located the URL that is requested for the JSON via
Firebug, but it does not contain the target URLs but just metadata from
which Google's Javascript constructs the final download URLs.
I'll have to find out if that is even doable with pagemangle, and
whether I want to do that just to silence my dashboard notifications for
a project where new upstream versions are unlikely...

> Personally I would talk upstream into moving their project to
> somewhere else.

Indeed I tried that [1] but I didn't get a response.

Thanks
Sascha

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2016/02/msg00003.html