Re: Distinguishing native package / package with upstream

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 06:28:58PM +0100, Christian Seiler wrote:
> On 12/10/2016 06:03 PM, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > So, in order to decide native/with upstream, do I really have to take
> > a look into the .dsc file? Or is the above something that should not
> > happen?
> [...]
> So yeah, it appears that you really have to look at the .dsc to
> determine whether a package is native or not.

Not quite the question you asked, but if you want to avoid erroneously
native uploads, using debuild rather than dpkg-buildpackage does a check
for the existence of the orig.tar.  This is useful because if the
orig.tar is not present, dpkg-buildpackage can build a native package
when you want a non-native.

--
Sean Whitton