Re: Start to help with a RFA package (or else)

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 10:05:38AM +0100, Vincent Carluer wrote:
> Before doing that I want to be sure the current maintainer is OK for me to
> adopt the package but he does not answer (
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=832150)
1.5 days is a short time to wait for an answer. Also, you've sent the
email to the bug only and such emails don't get copied to the submitter.
Also, you don't actually need a permission of the current maintainet to
adopt the package. The proper procedure is described on
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ ("Removing entries").

> I am not in a hurry personally but you notified me it should be done before
> 25 dec. and it can still take time for me to do things correctly since it
> is my first packaging.
> So how can I adopt this package, or do I need to continue even if he does
> not answer?
I don't think anything is stopping you from adopting this package.

--
WBR, wRAR