Re: Start to help with a RFA package (or else)

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 06:33:25PM +0100, Vincent Carluer wrote:
> I'm Vincent Carluer, a senior dev but a newbie with Debian dev/packaging.
> But I really want to contribute to this great project !
Glad to hear this :)
Please consider joining #debian-mentors on irc.debian.org and use this ML
only for harder questions, as real-time communication is more convenient.

> Before responding to this RFA I would like some advice if it is a good way
> to start helping or am I out of process?
Yes, it is fine.

> Do you have any other advice for something like me, I already have read a
> lot of doc but I am quite lost for now, without any contact to help except
> this mail lists (maybe it would be good to go on irc?).
Well, when you are adopting an existing package you don't have any
specific tasks. You should start with looking at the open bugs, at the
lintian output for the package and for other problems that are listed on
the tracker.debian.org package page. If there is something you can improve
you should start doing that, which will result in a new package upload.

--
WBR, wRAR