Re: Non-NEW backports rejected with "ACL dm: NEW uploads are not allowed"

On 10/30/2016 11:11 AM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 12:04:16AM -0400, Peter Colberg wrote:
>> Older versions of the packages already exist in jessie-backports. My
>> key has been added to the backports ACL (and has worked for similar
>> updates in the past), and I have DM upload rights for the packages.
>>
>> My uploads for both packages were rejected with "ACL dm: NEW uploads
>> are not allowed". I tried two times each, on October 16 and today, to
>> rule out temporary errors. Do you have any idea what I am missing?
>>
>> I attached the (unsigned) .changes files for the attempted uploads.
>
> from the first .changes:

> that's wrong, you are trying to upload to the stable distribution,
> instead of jessie-backports.

I would recommend to use dput from dput-ng instead of plain old
dput, because that will catch the discrepancy between the distribution
in the changelog and the changes file. It prints a nice error message
explaining the problem, before the package is even uploaded.
(I accidentally stumbled over that yesterday, due to sbuild -d sid
but changelog having unstable in it.)

Regards,
Christian