Re: lintian: spelling

On Sex, 21 Out 2016, Jakub Wilk wrote:
[Disclaimer: I'm not a native speaker of English.]

* Jerome BENOIT <sphericaltriangle@rezozer.net>, 2016-10-21, 01:36:
is there a list where we can deal on how correct spelling error as detected by lintian ?

For the curious. In the source, there is the sentence:

	:param int max_no_dec: number of rounds we allow to be stuck

Lintian complains about "allow to" because "allow" requires an object, and in most cases[*] this object goes between "allow" and "to". But here, "number of rounds" is the object. IOW, this line could be paraphrased as:

We allow $max_no_dec rounds to be stuck.

Perhaps also "number of rounds allowed to be stuck".
--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br