Re: New #packaging IRC channel

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>
> > Why not #debian-packaging?
>
> It is unrelated to Debian so includes no debian- prefix.

More to the point, the ‘debian-’ prefix implies that it is specifically
for the Debian Project.

As I understand it, the purpose of the ‘#packaging’ channel is to avoid
that constraint: unlike a channel whose name is ‘deb-’ or ‘debian-’
prefixed, any OFTC-appropriate packaging discussion is appropriate
there.

--
 \       “Liberal capitalism is not at all the Good of humanity. Quite |
  `\            the contrary; it is the vehicle of savage, destructive |