Re: [ITA] muse-el, with issues, and questions

Hi,

>> Also, it's now xz compressed, which I anticipated is something
>> Gianfranco might hassle me about if I didn't enable haha.>
>
>If you're not uploading a new upstream version you can't change the
>tarball compression (unless you're changing the source package name,
>which I don't recommend, per our discussion on IRC).

well, if there aren't code changes in the tarball (a.k.a. new releases)
having another tarball around, with no added content (except for a reduced
size), seems to increase the overall entropy.

Note: the tarball is usually not downloaded by the end users, so a better
compression might be beneficial for people who build from source, or for
people who archive-rebuild or similar.
(also sponsors yeah).

But having a ~20% less heavier size, and a 100% tarball duplication
is worse than keeping the old one around
(to be honest, I changed the virtualbox-guest-additions-iso tarball
from gz to xz only a few days ago, and I won't upload the new tarball
until a new release is out)

(don't look at my packages, I'm pesty with other people but my packages
are far from being perfect)

Gianfranco