Re: ipmiutil/3.0.0-1

Hello Adrian,

first thank you for the review.

Am Mittwoch, den 24.08.2016, 21:16 +0200 schrieb John Paul Adrian
Glaubitz:
> On 08/24/2016 09:07 PM, Jörg Frings-Fürst wrote:
> >
> > My changes:
> >
> >   * New upstream release:
> >     - debian/control:
>
> This changelog entry suggests that the change in debian/control is
> part of the new
> upstream release. Is that actually the case? If not, the changelog
> entry should
> look like this:
>
>     * New upstream release.
>     * debian/control:
>       -  Add libtool-bin to Build-Depends

I have seen the missing libtool at the buildlog. Now I have check the
logs of the previous release. There are libtool also missing.

Change and uploaded.

> Also, I usually prefer to include a minimal explanation as to *why* a
> certain change
> was made. At first glance, it's not very obvious why libtool-bin was
> added to B-D.
>
> Good changelog entries will always help other maintainers and
> reviewers to quickly
> understand changes and in the case of a regression due to a new
> package revision
> it allows to help reverting any breaking changes very quickly.
>
> As for sponsors like me, a well documented changelog makes reviews
> less painful and
> speeds them up dramatically which is also in the interest of the
> mentoree as I basically
> just need to go through the bullet points in the changelog entry for
> the latest version,
> ack them if they are ok and build and upload the package.
>
> So, please, write good changelogs!
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian

CU
Jörg
--
New:
GPG Fingerprint: 63E0 075F C8D4 3ABB 35AB  30EE 09F8 9F3C 8CA1 D25D

Old pgp Key: BE581B6E (revoked since 2014-12-31).

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54470 Lieser

Threema: SYR8SJXB

IRC: j_f-f@freenode.net
     j_f-f@oftc.net

My wish list:
 - Please send me a picture from the nature at your home.