Re: create Debian Source from GIT repository without tag

On 16/08/16 07:54, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 07:50:37AM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
For example, support I'm packaging 0~git.abc123d.  This version number
might be used because I'm basing my packaging on upstream git commit
whose hash is uniquely identified by the string 'abc123d'.

Such version numbers won't order correctly.  Didn't you mean to include
a monotonically increasing component before the hash?

Generally speaking, is there a recommended Debian version format for
git snapshots?
1.1+20160816, or ~ instead of +, as usual.
Unless you are packaging two different snapshots committed at the same
day.

I have always thought that people kept the git hash so that their
get-orig-source target can grab it from parsing the Debian version
string and fetch the corresponding git snapshot.

Ghis