Re: create Debian Source from GIT repository without tag

On 16/08/16 07:43, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

For example, support I'm packaging 0~git.abc123d.  This version number
might be used because I'm basing my packaging on upstream git commit
whose hash is uniquely identified by the string 'abc123d'.

Such version numbers won't order correctly.  Didn't you mean to include
a monotonically increasing component before the hash?

Generally speaking, is there a recommended Debian version format for
git snapshots?

Ghis