Re: uscan for a single text file

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
>
>> I want to create a watch file for a package that contains a single text
>> file (which itself has the version into it):
>> The "repackage.sh" script would then just create a tarball:
>
> It seems like the right thing for uscan to do here would be to detect
> the format of the downloaded file and pack it into a tarball if it
> isn't one of the known ones.

I think that the case "one text file source" is quite rare. More often
we will meet "one unusual package format" case in future -- like some
new shiny packing format that is still unsupported by uscan. Therefore,
it would be better to have a more flexible way to invoke a repacking
script instead of mk-origtargz.

The replacement of the "uupdate" at the end of the watch line was a good
solution here -- why is this boycotted now?