Re: Packaging new upstream version of scid

Hi,

>I have been working on packaging a new version of scid (4.6.2); the version in Debian is outdated (from 2014).
>I tried to contact Oliver, the actual mantainer, a month ago and haven't received response yet. I tried it twice.

The maintainer has an ongoing MIA process, and he didn't answer to them since a month or so
(if I understand correctly the query of course)
>I did a NMU and the work can be reviewed on [0].

please user mentors.debian.org too :)

>What should I do? Wait a little bit more or should I fill a RFS bug?

I did *two* NMU of stockfish for this maintainer, both were new upstream release, and upstream was making pressure
about updating it.

So, even if the maintainer is not officially MIA, I guess you can already open an RFS bug, that I can sponsor if
the following conditions are met:
1) you bump severity of 802196 to important and explain why the new version is important to go in unstable

2) you fix also 772432 (just apply the patch or check if the new upstream release fixes that bug)
3) you try to see how and which bugs are fixed in the new release
4) you open an RFS bug

if the review is good, I'll upload in deferred/15 or somewhere in that deferred queue.

(and I think MIA team might orphan the package in the following days, so I'll probably ask you
to convert in a Team upload, or Qa upload, or to add yourself as maintainer of the package)

I should admit some changes are useless/out of an NMU scope, so maybe if you want to wait for him
to step in, or MIA team to orphan the package, I can sponsor even more easily the package.

cheers,
and thanks in advance for your work :)

G.