Re: combined manpage with symlinks to multiple binaries across packages: how to do?

On 07/09/2016 12:20 AM, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> On 8 July 2016 at 23:53, Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:
>>  - If I use dh_installman's ".so" feature to do automatic linking,
>>    dh_installman will not replace the manpage with a link, because
>>    it also doesn't see the link target. In that case, I get a
>>    plain text file installed that just contains
>>       .so isns_config.5
>>    Which man doesn't really interpret itself, and which is hence
>>    completely useless.
>
> That's strange, as normally man would interpret that, and it actually
> worked for me.

Ok, I re-checked, and it does indeed work. No idea why it didn't
in the first place (maybe I had a typo?), and thanks for making me
recheck this so I now have an elegant solution. Yay. :)

I'll update my package for the RFS bug to incorporate this.

Regards,
Christian