Re: Adding runtime dependencies that aren't caught by shlibs:Depends

On 28.05.2016 12:30, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Jens Reyer <jre.winesim@gmail.com>, 2016-05-27, 20:17:
>> I think I have it working now in wine to automatically generate a list
>> of runtime dependencies. I based it on Jakub's suggestions, however I
>> didn't go for creating a "dependency binary".
>>
>> For one I did get results this way, but unfortunately I neither really
>> know python nor perl which is usually used in wine packaging, in order
>> to cleanly implement it there.
>
> I've attached shell implementation of SONAMEs-to-ELF converter.

First off, many thanks again for that script. Unfortunately it fails in
Ubuntu (see #827770):

./debian/scripts/sonames2elf libcups.so.2 libdbus-1.so.3
libfontconfig.so.1 libfreetype.so.6 libGL.so.1 libgnutls.so.30
libgsm.so.1 libjpeg.so.8 libncurses.so.5 libodbc.so.2 libopenal.so.1
libOSMesa.so.8 libpng16.so.16 libtiff.so.5 libX11.so.6
libXcomposite.so.1 libXcursor.so.1 libXext.so.6 libXi.so.6
libXinerama.so.1 libXrandr.so.2 libXrender.so.1 libxslt.so.1
libXxf86vm.so.1 > debian/tmp/elf.recommends
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find libGL.so.1
debian/rules:153: recipe for target 'override_dh_shlibdeps' failed

In Ubuntu libGL.so.1 is in /usr/lib/<arch>/mesa/. However this does not
cause issues for other Debian packages for finding it (probably by
looking at /etc/ld.so.conf). I assume one could explicitly specify the
rpath in sonames2elf, but do you have any idea how to solve this
generically/why this doesn't work?

Greets
jre