Re: dpkg-checkbuilddeps and apt-get at odds over libacl1-dev

On 07/03/2016 05:32 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Now i can concentrate on the problem why lintian underneath debuild -S says:

You are using an older version of lintian (probably the one from
Jessie). If you use lintian from sid, it will properly say that
3.9.8 is the latest version (and a couple of other things that
changed in the mean time, e.g. the ldconfig trigger thing etc.).

3.9.8 is the correct current Standards-Version:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-policy

For package builds, I tend to use pbuilder with a hook that
automatically runs lintian at the end (and by default lets the
build fail if lintian produces errors), but the hook runs the
lintian version of the distribution I'm building against (i.e.
installs lintian in the pbuilder chroot). That way, I get the
proper error messages from the lintian version of the release I
am building against.

Regards,
Christian