Re: Best practise for a drop-in replacement of a non-free package

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Ole Streicher wrote:

> My question is more the first step , which includes giza as a library
> with the /potential/ to replace pgplot, but without a strong
> recommendation.

Since the SONAMEs are different, you probably can just ship it as is,
without renaming the libraries. Only thing that would be needed is the
Conflicts between the -dev package and the pgplot equivalent.

Upstream will need to be aware that SONAME 5 is for the non-free
version and they should not use it until they are binary-compatible
with it.

--
bye,
pabs