Re: a few questions on ITP shadowsocks-libev before formal RFS

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Gianfranco Costamagna
<locutusofborg@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>>If so, here's our alioth account: rosh-guest, hosiet-guest, madeye-guest.>Thank you!
>

> you need to send a request to join collab-maint, an alioth account doesn't grant
> your permissions automatically.
> I suggest you to use an external repository to show your skills, and then ask to join
> (consider that to join you have to be a Debian Maintainer or to have a Debian Developer
> advocating you)
>
>>Is this (package the libraries separately) required? or something can
>>be done afterwards?
>

> up to your eventual sponsor, I personally require that, because it is trivial to do,
> and makes lifes of ftpmasters easier and for other people too.
> (unless the library is strictly private for the tool, there is no need to have an embedded copy)
>
> you might however try to persuade your sponsor about having them embedded ;)
>
>>I see source of some packages are repacked as -dfsg, but I didn't find
>>how to do "ds" repack.
>>It would be helpful if there's a wiki entry or manual.
>

> just call it ds, have a README.source in debian directory explaining why, and the dversionmangle in watch
> file should be enough.
> Probably somebody should write some wiki :)

Dear Gianfranco,

Thanks for your reply!

Now I understand my todo-list, briefly:
- package libraries first: libcork/ipset
- create debian/watch and ds repack
- RFS shadowsocks-libev
- apply for collab-maint access

Cheers,