Re: Binaries under "/usr/lib/"

Tiago Ilieve <tiago.myhro@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your input. I like your suggestions, as they look pretty
> straightforward, but this is how this is being done for other
> packages?

Differently, depending on the state of upstream.

> I was looking at § 9.1.1 File System Structure[1] from the Debian
> Policy Manual and it states that the need to put object files,
> internal binaries and libraries under "/lib{,32}" and "/usr/lib{,32}"
> is a requirement - however, it doesn't says how this should be done.

Right. Debian Policy states how things should be; it is not the job of
Policy to say exactly how to implement most policy requirements, because
there must be plenty of room to evolve better solutions.

So, if you want more specifics, you will need to point us to the exact
code base we're discussing so advice can be given in context.

--
 \           “People are very open-minded about new things, as long as |
  `\         they're exactly like the old ones.” —Charles F. Kettering |