Binaries under "/usr/lib/"

Hi Mattia,

(Moving the discussion from BTS to "debian-mentors" mailing list.)

On 15 May 2016 at 20:25, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> In this case the binary should go into /usr/lib instead.  That place
> exist exactly for this reason:
> "/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries that
> are not intended to be executed directly by users or shell scripts"
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLIBRARIESFORPROGRAMMINGANDPA

This is interesting, as I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for pointing this
reference.

> Given that in your case you say the binary is not called by anything
> else than the application itself, then why keep it in /usr/bin?

As "/usr/lib/" is not part of $PATH, how should we deal with this?
Patch every process call to the internal binaries in the upstream
source? Or is there an easier way to work around this?

Regards,
Tiago.

--
Tiago "Myhro" Ilieve