Re: Workaround for "Architecture: any [!armel !armhf]" in debian/control

* Joachim Reichel <joachim.reichel@gmx.de>, 2016-04-19, 20:38:
background: on armel and armhf Qt is using OpenGL ES, but my package cgal does not support OpenGL ES (yet). The OpenGL functionality is only needed for some demos and their support library which are already in separate binary packages. Therefore I just want to not build the OpenGL-related binary packages on armel and armhf.

But how can I do that? Putting "Architecture: any [!armel !armhf]" in debian/control is not supported:

dpkg-source: error: architecture any only allowed on its own (list for package libcgal-qt5-11 is 'any')

Do I really need to expand the architecture list manually?

I'd avoid it if I could.

I believe this should work: keep the packages in question as "Architecture: any" but tell debhelper to not act on them ("-N cgal-foo") when the host architecture is arm*.

Why is it supported in Build-Depends etc., but not in Architecture?

Because nobody has implemented it yet, I guess. At least dpkg and debhelper (and probably dak, and maybe wanna-build, and who knows what else...) would have to be modified to support negations in Architecture. It's not clear to me it's worth the trouble...

--
Jakub Wilk