Re: Seeking guidance re assisting with existing Debian package

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 03:47:19PM +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hi, MIA team is aware now.

yep, the MIA team is "aware", but happens that team members also read
this mailing list :P

I see that maintainer maintains 2 packages, and he did his last upload
about one year ago.

You said you tried to contact him very recently; please wait at least 2
weeks, send him another email, wait another week or so and then send
another email directly to the MIA team asking for a check.
He is not a DD, so the data we have about him is really not much, but we
can surely orphan the package if we can't contact him.

> If you want to contribute, just send your package (source.changes) to mentors.debian.net
> and open an RFS bug to have an NMU in debian (the accept mail has a link for the RFS template).
>

> fix the RC bug, and the other bugs (optioally update to the new release), and look for a sponsor.

Yes, I'd say you should free completly free to prepare a NMU and have it
uploaded.

I think everybody already linked you enough documentation on how to do
everything :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo