Re: Please help creating shared *and* static library with cmake

Hi,

On 04/08/2016 05:30 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I need to package libsdsl[1] as some precondition for a Debian Med
> package.  The default cmake build only creates a static library and I
> found a patch to create a shared library.  But since library packages
> should include both I wonder how to get both shared and static library
> without doing to much tricky things.

in the "cgal" package I basically build the package twice:

override_dh_auto_configure-arch:
	mkdir -p static
	cd static && cmake .. -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=FALSE
	mkdir -p shared
	cd shared && cmake .. -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=TRUE -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=TRUE

override_dh_auto_build-arch:
        $(MAKE) $(NJOBS) -C static
        $(MAKE) $(NJOBS) -C shared

override_dh_install-arch:
        $(MAKE) -C static DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp install
        $(MAKE) -C shared DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp install

Not sure what you mean with "found a patch to create a shared library". Are you
saying that your project files do not support -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS?

Joachim