Re: duplicate-changelog-files problem

Yes Tobias, you are right. Keeping two different changelogs, one for Debian an the other for the package is the correct way.

Thanks,

El 2016-02-15 13:31, Tobias Frost escribió:

Am Montag, den 15.02.2016, 12:48 +0100 schrieb Ricardo F.:

Hello,

When I package tuptime https://github.com/rfrail3/tuptime/ [1] lintia
warning me about duplicate-changelog-files:

 tuptime: duplicate-changelog-files
usr/share/doc/tuptime/changelog.Debian.gz
usr/share/doc/tuptime/changelog.gz

There is a symlink from CHANGELOG to debian/changelog, but I don't
found
why dh_installdocs copy both files. If I delete the symlink, it works
ok, but I don't know why if the lintian manual advert about doing a
symlink "If the second copy is really needed, consider making it a
symlink to the canonical place for the relevant changelog.-
https://lintian.debian.org/tags/duplicate-changelog-files.html" [2] i
doesn't work.

After a brief look at the github repo, I suspect that lintian is
complaining because you're using d/changelog as an upstream changelog.

This would be discouraged, as d/changelog is supposed to document
"Changes in the Debian version of the package" (refer to Policy 4.4)
and not changes to upstream (even if you're upstream).

--
tobi