duplicate-changelog-files problem

Hello,

When I package tuptime https://github.com/rfrail3/tuptime/ lintian warning me about duplicate-changelog-files:

 tuptime: duplicate-changelog-files usr/share/doc/tuptime/changelog.Debian.gz usr/share/doc/tuptime/changelog.gz

There is a symlink from CHANGELOG to debian/changelog, but I don't found why dh_installdocs copy both files. If I delete the symlink, it works ok, but I don't know why if the lintian manual advert about doing a symlink "If the second copy is really needed, consider making it a symlink to the canonical place for the relevant changelog.- https://lintian.debian.org/tags/duplicate-changelog-files.html" it doesn't work.

Thanks,