Re: Adding SONAME to a shared object in KLEE

Hi Gianfranco,

On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 13:56 +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hi, I'm going to answer to the upstream issue.

I didn't quite get your reply in the upstream issue at:

https://github.com/klee/klee/issues/237#issuecomment-177983966

My understanding is that your suggestion to change scripts/klee-clang is
not relevant here - the script is used by KLEE to compile a system it
analyzes, not to compile itself.

When I run Lintian on the forming KLEE package, it suggests to use
Libtool, as I indicated in the original thread message. However, I am
not experienced with compiling and while in general I understand
something like -Wl,-soname should be passed in when compiling, I
couldn't figure out where exactly that would be in KLEE's build system.

If someone could take a look at this and be more specific on how to fix
this issue, I'd appreciate that a lot!

I've uploaded the package in its current state to mentors.debian.net:

https://mentors.debian.net/package/klee

(This is my first upload ever to mentors.debian.net, so please let me
know if I haven't uploaded a source file/archive.)

Please ignore for the time being that it does not build in Debian Sid,
but it does in Debian Jessie (I need it this way at the moment because
the upstream hasn't moved away from LLVM 3.4 yet, which is not available
in Sid as of recently anymore).

--
Regards,
Marko