Test suite needs script built after dh_auto_test is run

Hello,

I'm packaging a Python application, ocrmypdf [1], that has a test suite
run by py.test.  Most of the tests fail because they try to call the
/usr/bin/ocrmypdf script.  This script doesn't exist until after
debhelper has run setup.py, which generates it using its "entry points
script" feature.  And this comes after dh_auto_test.

The only solution I've come up with is producing my own entry point
script and putting it into $PATH for the test suite to use.  But that
rather defeats the purpose of testing the actual package's contents.

What would be the most elegant way to handle this?  Can anyone point me
to a package that had a similar issue with the test suite needing a file
not yet generated?

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/jbarlow83/OCRmyPDF

--